RECIPE: Easy Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
a perfect grab-and-go for busy mornings plus it's diabetic friendly!
Write a review
- o 1/2 very ripe banana, smashed, plus more for topping
- o 1/3 cup rolled oats
- o 1/3 cup milk (any kind)
- o 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- o 1 tablespoon peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- o Dash of cinnamon
- o 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- Smash half of a banana in a bowl.
- Add in oats, Greek yogurt, milk, peanut butter, cinnamon and chia seeds.
- Stir very thoroughly.
- Place in a sealed air-tight container such as a mason jar in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, add in any additional toppings such as additional banana, nuts, and/or fruit. Enjoy in a bowl or on-the-go in your mason jar!
- Whole grain complex carbs will give you lasting energy all morning, especially when paired with high-protein Greek yogurt like in our Overnight Oats recipe.
- Oats are a great source of heart healthy soluble fiber, which can help lower “bad” LDL cholesterol and stabilize blood sugar.
- Overnight oats are perfect for busy weekday mornings because you can prep on Sunday and just grab-and-go.
Good Measure Meals Healthy Connections http://gmmhealthyconnections.com/