4th of July Double Berry Protein Pops
Double Berry Protein Pops
This pretty, refreshing and festive treat doubles as a healthy snack, with fiber and protein to keep you satisfied, and little to no added sugar, depending on how you make it. It’s perfect for your July 4th celebration, or all summer long! With honey: 53 calories, 9 g carbs, 1 g fat, 3 g pro, 9 mg sodium, 6 g sugar, 2 g fiber With stevia: 47 calories, 8 g carbs, 1 g fat, 3 g pro, 9 mg sodium, 5 g sugar, 2 g fiber
Write a review
- • 1.5 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen, thawed if frozen)
- • 1 cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- • 2 teaspoons sweetener of choice (i.e. stevia, honey, sugar)
- • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- • 1.5 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen, thawed if frozen)
- Puree raspberries in a blender or food processor. Fill each pop mold 1/3 of the way. Place in freezer until layer is frozen.
- Mix your sweetener (if you choose to use one) and vanilla extract into Greek yogurt.
- Add to each pop mold until it’s about ½ full.
- Freeze this layer until partially frozen (about 10 minutes), then insert the wooden sticks and freeze until solid.
- Puree the blueberries in a blender or food processor. Pour into each pop mold until nearly filled (but don’t overfill or it will overflow).
- Freeze the pops until solid before unmolding.
- To easily unmold the pop, dip the bottoms in warm water and they should slide right out!
Good Measure Meals Healthy Connections http://gmmhealthyconnections.com/