Lemon & Rosemary Glazed Scone Recipe
Lemon & Rosemary Glazed Scones
The holiday season is a time for friends, family, food…and let’s face it, it’s a time when some of us pack on a couple of pounds. What does mindful eating mean to you? When you pay attention to what and how much you’re eating, you can make small changes that can make a big difference. A tip to healthful eating is to include more whole grains in your diet. Whole grains have a lot of nutritional value that refined grains don’t—such as fiber and b-vitamins. One way to enjoy the festivities but also keep your health in check during your holiday baking is to substitute all-purpose flour with a 50/50 mix of whole wheat and all-purpose flour! Exercise your mindful eating with this month’s recipe feature Lemon & Rosemary Glazed Scones, a delectable breakfast treat decorated with the perfect blend of Christmas spices and cranberries and drizzled with an ambrosial and zesty lemon-rosemary glaze.
Write a review
- • 1 cup whole wheat flour
- • 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- • 1 tbsp. baking powder
- • ¾ tsp salt
- • ½ tsp nutmeg
- • ½ tsp cinnamon
- • ¼ cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- • 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, finely minced
- • 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- • 1 cup half and half
- • 1 tsp vanilla extract
- • 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- • ½ tsp vanilla extract
- • Zest from 1 lemon
- • 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely minced
- • 3 tbsp. water
- • Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, dried cranberries, and rosemary in a large bowl.
- Cut in the butter using two butter knives.
- Whisk together the half and half and vanilla extract, and stir into flour mixture.
- Shape dough into a ball.
- Place on lightly floured surface and pat into a 7-to 8-inch circle about ¾-inch thick.
- Cut into 8 triangles; place on baking sheet with parchment paper, about 1 inch apart.
- Lightly brush the tops with half and half and bake until golden, about 14-16 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the glaze and drizzle on scones.
- Let the glaze set completely and enjoy!
Good Measure Meals Healthy Connections http://gmmhealthyconnections.com/