From the Seasonal Kitchen: Winter Salad with Pomegranate, Clementine, and Goat Cheese
Winter Salad with Pomegranate, Clementine, and Goat Cheese
"My mom and I made this together over Thanksgiving. Just one of many healthy and delicious items on our veggie-heavy Thanksgiving spread. I like to think my being a dietitian has been a positive influence on my family as far as health behaviors like eating veggies and being physically active (we all ran a 5 mile turkey trot on thanksgiving morning before gathering in the kitchen to cook!) but actually the opposite is true. Growing up in a family where healthy eating and exercise were highly valued inspired my interest in health and my decision to pursue a career in nutrition." - Alissa Palladino, Good Measure Meals registered dietitian
Write a review
- 5 clementines (or 2 navel oranges)
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cups winter salad greens (such as baby spinach, romaine, and endive)
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds (about 1 pomegranate)
- ¼ cups pistachios
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) crumbled goat cheese
- Segment 2 clementines or 1 navel orange, and set aside. Juice the remaining citrus fruit. (You should have about 1/3 cup juice)
- To make dressing: whisk together citrus juice, vinegar, and honey in a serving bowl. Pour oil in slowly, whisking until well-combined. Add salad greens to bowl, and toss gently to combine.
- Divide dressed salad among 4 plates, and sprinkle evenly with pomegranate seeds, pistachios, and goat cheese. Top with reserved citrus segments. Serve and enjoy!
Good Measure Meals Healthy Connections http://gmmhealthyconnections.com/